Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Change4Children at the Ole' Farmhouse Diner






My friend Kevin Easley. the owner of the Ole Farmhouse Diner in Millersville, TN did a wonderful thing this year for the children of Millersville, TN. He put together a Christmas party for deserving children who needed a little extra help for Christmas this year. It was wonderful - Kevin fed all the parents, kiddos and volunteers ham, sides, fruit, cookies and then treated them to a wonderful time with a local church volunteer puppet show (black light effects included).

To top it off, Santa arrived at the Old Farmhouse with sirens wailing as he was dropped of in style in a Millersville police car. The kids were so excited - you can see it in the slideshow photos if you watch the photos of the kids when Santa arrived. Kevin passed out gifts to all the children - many of them were so thrilled to sit in Santa's lap and then receive their gift. Some of the older ones humored me and let me shoot a few with Santa despite their embarrasment. Even I got a shot with Santa - he looked like the genuine article to me.

At the end of the evening, there was a special drawing for his and hers bicycles. I was so glad to see the generousity poured out on these children and I hope they all have a very wonderful and Christmas this year knowing that somebody cares and that Santa is always looking out for them.

Thanks Kevin for putting on such an awesome event. I hope everyone who reads this will come and visit the Ole Farmhouse restaurant which is off the Louisville Hwy. exit just north of Long Hollow Pike on I-65. Take a right onto Louisville Hwy. and then drive just 2.2 miles - the Ole' Farmhouse Diner is on your left - roosters on the wall, country cookin' goodness and all. Tell them Danielle sent you and make sure and tell Kevin "Hi" for me.

Ole' Farmhouse Diner
1260 Louisville Hwy.
Millersville, Tennessee 37072
(615) 851-3009

(By the way, in 2000 Kevin was kind enough to cater my wedding and did an incredible job as we had more guests show up than were invited. Of course, Kevin kept everything running smoothly and yummily despite the major change in numbers. Thanks again for that Kevin!)

View the slideshow at this link:
Change4Children Slideshow

By the way - for all parents viewing - I will upload your photos shortly online for you to order at cost as my Christmas present to your family. Please wait for the link as that is the next step in my editing process.

Merry Christmas and may you experience the real joy of the season in Jesus.

Enjoy,

Danielle

No comments: